Light-weight monitor implementation?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:57:54 UTC 2005

On 11/3/05, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> What do other people think? Is there any reason for Monitor being such a
> heavy-weight object by default? Is it necessary that a monitor support
> all of the extra functionality besides the basic "allow a process to
> enter it multiple times"?

I guess - just guess - that this class landed in the image from some
other project.

I've yet to encounter a user of Monitor in the image, and I am all for
clean, minimal implementations in the base code (if I want bloat, I
can always play with VisualAge Smalltalk), so I throw in my vote pro a
refactoring.