Light-weight monitor implementation?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:50:29 UTC 2005

> > What do other people think? Is there any reason for Monitor being such a
> > heavy-weight object by default? Is it necessary that a monitor support
> > all of the extra functionality besides the basic "allow a process to
> > enter it multiple times"?

Yeah, I vote for a minimal implementation as well. I don't like to use
stuff that I cannot easily convince myself it does what I need. In
VisualWorks there is such a thing called RecursionLock, implemented
using only two simple methods: #initialize and #critical:. We should
reinvent that ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli