Merging FileArea and WebTeam? (was Re: Pending Mac Carbon VM 3.8.9b7 posted)

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 04:13:35 UTC 2005

On 11/3/05, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> Excellent!  Then I consider it official and will update the Teams web
> page.  I will take a look at what needs to be done on box2 also to
> facilitate easier access for the web team.

Thanks.

> Jason:  What is your current policy on offering direct ssh/scp to box2
> using the website account?  How would this match up with those allowed
> to upload to ftp.squeak.org?

I don't really have a policy so to speak -- I guess I should come up
with one.  I will ask the team who would like to take this on and then
let you know.

> Bruce:  For now I'm going to leave things as they are regarding the
> sqfiles account on box2.
>
> By the way I notice that Marcus also has access to the sqfiles account.
> We need to try to keep track of these things and so I would ask that
> Marcus join the Website team (assuming he is not already a member) and
> that his ability to update the FTP site be made known to the group.

I don't see him on there, unless he is 'squeakuser' or 'sajack'.

> I will let everyone know as I make any changes to the access to the FTP
> area.  I won't be changing anything for now until I better understand
> the intended mechanics from the team's perspective.

This will depend on who is willing to take responsibility for being
the back-up.  I would assume that Bruce would maintain responsibility
for it, but I think that he should have someone else on the team to
whom he could delegate if he couldn't not perform the task for some
reason.

Karl has signed up to keep the URLs up-to-date.

Bruce what do you need from us?

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20