[ANN] 6696 out

chrisp chris.schreiner at online.no
Sat Nov 5 11:59:49 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Can you us what you do exactly? on which machine?
Hi there

I'll do the easy thing first. I am currently working on a XP SP2 Intel
2.8HT 1GB (Asus p4e800).

I download the Squeak3.9a-6695.zip, unzip it to a single folder on the
desktop. I then copied the vm-files (version is 3.7.1) to this same
folder. Double-click the squeak.exe, squeak starts.

The first thing I do next is to right-click on the desktop to bring up
the Personal menu. I get this:

Project(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #suppressFlapsString
UpdatingMenuItemMorph>>updateContents
[] in MenuMorph>>popUpAt:forHand:in:allowKeyboard: {[:m | m updateContents]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
MenuMorph>>popUpAt:forHand:in:allowKeyboard:
MenuMorph>>popUpAt:forHand:in:
MenuMorph>>popUpEvent:in:
PasteUpMorph>>yellowButtonClickOnDesktopWithEvent:
PasteUpMorph>>putUpWorldMenu:
PasteUpMorph>>invokeWorldMenu:
PasteUpMorph>>mouseDown:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
PasteUpMorph>>processEvent:using:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:

> Then if you close the debugger do you get again the same error.

If I proceed, the same MessageNotUnderstood again and again. Yes I do
get the same error.

Need more info?

> Because I redid all the udpate since 6693 and I got once a debugger when
> I click
> on the desktop with the right button (on mac) but I closed it and I
> could never reproduce
> it.

regards
chrisp