[ANN] 3.9a from 6696 -> 6702

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Nov 5 14:49:19 UTC 2005

Apparently

Parser>>
removeUnusedTemps
     "Scan for unused temp names, and prompt the user about the
prospect of removing each one found"

     | str end start madeChanges |
     madeChanges _ false.
     str _ requestor text string.
     ((tempsMark between: 1 and: str size)
         and: [(str at: tempsMark) = $|]) ifFalse: [^ self].
     encoder unusedTempNames do:
         [:temp |
         ((UIManager default
                 chooseFrom: #('yes' 'no')
                 title: ((temp , ' appears to be\unused in this
method.\OK to remove it?')
                         withCRs asText makeBoldFrom: 1 to: temp
size)) = 1)
         ifTrue:
         [(encoder encodeVariable: temp) isUndefTemp
             ifTrue:
             [end _ tempsMark.
             ["Beginning at right temp marker..."
             start _ end - temp size + 1.
             end < temp size or: [temp = (str copyFrom: start to: end)
                     and: [(str at: start-1) isAlphaNumeric not &
(str at: end+1) isAlphaNumeric not]]]
             whileFalse:
                 ["Search left for the unused temp"
                 end _ requestor nextTokenFrom: end direction: -1].
             end < temp size ifFalse:
                 [(str at: start-1) = $  ifTrue: [start _ start-1].
                 requestor correctFrom: start to: end with: ''.
                 str _ str copyReplaceFrom: start to: end with: ''.
                 madeChanges _ true.
                 tempsMark _ tempsMark - (end-start+1)]]
             ifFalse:
             [self inform:
'You''ll first have to remove the
statement where it''s stored into']]].
     madeChanges ifTrue: [ParserRemovedUnusedTemps signal]

does not work anymore since when requestor is a SyntaxError,
requestor does not know how to answer text...

load
     self actualClass
         compile: source
         classified: category
         withStamp: timeStamp
         notifying: (SyntaxError new category: category)

I do not have the time to look into that now.
But this is a first problem.

Then I get often errors related to MouveEventPlus....

Stef