A wish for the File Team

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Nov 5 19:21:59 UTC 2005

On Nov 5, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> 	With all due respect, that is simply not true. Have you looked at
> Flow?

Yes, I have. After we spoke at OOPSLA 2002, I evaluated Flow for use
with my web-based projects of the time. I quite liked it, and tried
to figure out how to make use of it without having to maintain forks
of the other packages I was relying on. Eventually I gave up.

>  I did rename some of the old classes, but that is a matter of
> personal taste (one could rename the Flow classes instead).

Ah, well. That certainly changes things. Three years ago, you were
pretty firmly against changing any of the names in Flow. Would you be
willing to release and maintain a version of Flow that doesn't
conflict with the existing old stuff?

Colin