Robotics questions

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Nov 8 13:46:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:47:07 -0700, "Paul Grunwald" <pgrunwald at comcast.net>
wrote:

> 2) Is there anything recent with Squeak and a real hardware platform.  I
> have Mindstorms and am interested in the new Vex Platform as well as doing
> something from scratch.

Paul,

I'm using Squeak for robotics - check out
http://www.huv.com/uSeeker/smalltalk

I don't interface Squeak directly with hardware (other than the serial
port), but it is running on a Dell Axim PDA. My brother and I are also
working on another robot that will interface more directly with hardware,
using an I2C bus on the Gumstix (www.gumstix.com). We have a version of the
Squeak VM running on the Gumstix, and have successfully run headless images
there.

Later,
Jon