[noob] Using a TransformMorph

Steve Greenberg greenbes at puzzlingevidence.net
Sat Nov 12 14:08:15 UTC 2005

Hi. I'm still messing around with squeak in my spare time and having a
blast. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had programming in a very long
time.

Anyway, I have a Morphic question, and I'd apreciate it if somebody could
point me in the right direction.

I would like to make an object that can grow and shrink depending upon
whether it's "active" (as defined by my application).

When active, it should be a regular morph that I can work with and move
around the screen. It'll have submorphs, layout, etc.

When inactive, I want it to shrink down to a thumbnail that can live on my
squeak desktop - like Projects do. When it's in thumbnail mode, I want
mouseover to cause it to expand slightly, and contract back to thumbnail
size when the mouse leaves.

Can somebody give me a high-level view of how I'd accomplish this or point
me to an example? I've tried messing around with TransformMorph and it's
descendents, but I haven't cracked the code yet.