modification of ContextPart?

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:33:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

On 11/12/05, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> I see that Smalltalk is still living in darmstadt :) or resurrecting.
> Say hello to mira from me.

sure. :-) Smalltalk has never been dead here. We've even used it in a
software design course.

> Can you tell us what you would like to do just an idea?

It's about aspect-oriented programming (of course; it's Darmstadt
after all...) and control flow matching. The way AspectS performs
control flow matching is by looking at the call stack, which might
take quite some time when the stack is deep.

So, I had the idea of attaching the information "this activation
(i.e., context) is inside that control flow" to the context directly.
I believe it will make the checks more efficient.

Also, I'd like to propagate the control flows to contexts that are
created from existing contexts.

> I'm curious to also know this answer to your question.

It'd be great if you could help me. :-)

Best,

Michael Haupt