IBM se molesta en Seaside ?

Giovanni Giorgi giovanni.giorgi at siforge.org
Sat Nov 12 23:52:38 UTC 2005

On 12/nov/05, at 08:32, stéphane ducasse wrote:

>>> However, language differences shouldn't matter if what is
>>> provided to
>>> the business is easier to maintain, faster to develop, and has less
>>> ownership costs.  Just like the same paragraph says, right?
>>>
>> I agree.
>> I am a true storng Squeak and Seaside fan, I have used  seaside
>> when first showed up.
>>
>> But I like much more the Rails "pragmatic" attitude,
> which is?
When you download ruby on rails, you get a full develpement environment.
You can generate model, view and so on with one single command.
You have a script to migrate the db schema forward and back your last
changes.

The log is organized to give you performance measure on how much time
is spent on querying and how much on serving data.
You get 3 configuration (dev/test/production) and unit testing
integrated.

I can continue but what I stress is the strong organization and
simplicity you get out of the box with
little effort by yourself
I think it is very amazing.

--
Plus I remember being impressed with Ada because
you could write an infinite loop without a faked up condition.  The idea