Squeak Midi

Enrico Schwass deckard73 at freenet.de
Sun Nov 13 08:10:31 UTC 2005

Hello

I read something about Siren, a package that implements Midi on the Mac.
I myself use Squeak on a linux computer and I dont need full midi
support yet, although it would be cool.

What I need first is reading in events from an external usb hardware
midi controller. ALSA supports this and from a c-api side there is no
problem to use it. Is there smalltalk example code around? Just a few
lines. I miss the docs. My eyes arent good anymore :)

Thanks
Enno

PS: No I am not a student and this is not for homework *grin*
I just like the idea to control things with hardware sliders (not only
midi music, but contrast, colors, speed, maybe e-toys)