Squeaking trouble

Donald Major Donald.Major at sas.com
Mon Nov 14 15:39:18 UTC 2005

Actually, he's right -- it REALLY pegs the CPU -- ALT/CTL/CMD-. doesn't
cut it (at least not for me, even after trying for a minute.  It appears
to require killing Squeak.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about the wisdom of instantiating an
abstract class in the first place -- the whole idea is that it SHOULDN'T
have an instance anywhere in the system -- only any concrete subclasses
should be instantiated.

But I do admit I'm surprised the system didn't catch that fact and
complain...