Squeaking trouble

Donald Major Donald.Major at sas.com
Mon Nov 14 16:16:57 UTC 2005

Well, I can say the problem is happening with my image -- at least in
this case.  Usually when I get this, if I can't interrupt it, I can
close the window and the runaway process finally gets a clue and Squeak
shutsdown without further ado.  This time, I had to go back and find the
 Squeak program in my OS process table and zap it there.  Something
REALLY doesn't like using an instanced abstract class.

Hernan Tylim wrote:
>> Actually, he's right -- it REALLY pegs the CPU -- ALT/CTL/CMD-. doesn't
>> cut it (at least not for me, even after trying for a minute.  It appears
>> to require killing Squeak.
>
> Yes but the Squeak VM is preemptive between process lower priority
> processes. So the CPU being at 100% shouldn't be a problem. Or at least
> I think so.
>
> I kind of remember that there were a problem in the past with the
> interrupt handler not working and later fixing it, but not being 100%
> accurate. But I am not sure.
>
> Regards,
> Hernán
[SNIP -- cut for the sake of brevity -- SNIP]