SqueakNOS VMware package

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:44:56 UTC 2005

Realizing that I haven't announced anything this week, which might put
the Weekly Squeak team in a serious copy shortage, I recalled one of
the reasons why I installed VMware on my laptop.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/1762/SqueakNOS.rar holds a
very simple modification of Oli's SqueakNOS ISO image - I hope to find
some spare bits of time to setup a bit of a development environment
around it, so that it becomes easy to iterate through VM/Image
updates. It should be easy to log changes to a floppy with VMware and
read them back under Linux, for example. The contents of the RAR
should be playable with VMware player.

I fear it's time to blow the dust off my good old IBM AT Technical
Reference Manual :)

Regards,

Cees