IMAP client in squeak?

Brian Murphy-Dye brian.murphydye at mac.com
Wed Nov 16 00:44:05 UTC 2005

I've done some work on creating an IMAP client which may be found at:
    http://abq.csl.sri.com/BmdEmail-bmd.1.mcz

Not sure this will be considered good Squeak code, but it's been
effective for my purposes. The biggest problems I've experienced have
been with crlf translations, especially on signed or encrypted S/MIME
messages.

You can read messages with:
imap := (IMAPAccount
      server: 'imap.server.com'
      emailAddr: 'me at myemail.address.com'
      username: 'me' password: (Passwords for:
'me at myemail.address.com')).
"the next statement logs in and selects the Inbox"
imap login.   "remembers the latest message counter"

"send a message to the account ...."
(SMTPAccount
       server: 'smtp.server.com'
       emailAddr: 'me at myemail.address.com'
       username: 'me'
       password:  (Passwords for: 'me at myemail.address.com'))
  mail: 'Subject: hey you

hello world'
   from: 'billy.bob at myemail.address.com'
   to: 'me at myemail.address.com'

imap fetchNew inspect.    "returns ordered collection of new messages
(MailMessage) since login or last fetchNew"

"can retrieve specific messages, such as subjects with 'you' and from
'billy.bob'"
imap searchAndFetch: 'subject "you" from "billy.bob"'.

Brian.