Exported projects are huge

Eric Scharff eds_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 16:33:00 UTC 2005

After a long hiatus with Squeak, I have returned and tried a
very simple experiment:

* Create a new project
* Open a file browser and load a few images in (they load as
SketchMorphs)
* Do (Form fromFileNamed: 'something') asMorph openInWorld (they
load as ImageMorphs)
* Save the project

The resulting .pr files are often extremely large.  Back a few
versions ago, when I would save a project that depended on
external forms that I loaded from disk, the external images
would be stored in the project file.  Today, the image file
appears to contain uncompressed (and extremely large) versions
of the forms. Did something change in 3.8 (or earlier)?  Is
there some way to ensure that exported project files are as
small as possible?

-Eric