Archive creation for newbies

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 18 17:50:48 UTC 2005

Hi eric

have a look at the MenuIcons
because the icons are stored as methods.

importIconNamed: aString
     "self importIconNamed: 'Icons16:appearanceIcon'"

     | writer image stream |
     writer := GIFReadWriter on: (FileStream fileNamed: aString,
'.gif').
     [ image := writer nextImage]
         ensure: [writer close].
     stream := ReadWriteStream on: (String new).
     stream nextPutAll: aString ; cr.
     stream nextPutAll: (self methodStart: aString).
     image storeOn: stream.
     stream nextPutAll: self methodEnd.
     MenuIcons class compile: stream contents classified: 'accessing
- icons' notifying: nil.
     ^ stream contents