What is this DoItIn: method on my class ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 17:51:23 UTC 2005

Hi Damien

have a look at the senders of #DoItIn: and you can read the comment in
 Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:.

I was already puzzled by this method several times:

1. Why is there no #ensure: to make absolutely sure the method gets
removed after a failed evaluation?

2. Why do we need to create a #DoIt/#DoItIn: at all? I thought we can
evaluate any compiled-method within a receiver with
CompiledMethod>>valueWithReceiver:arguments:

I think there is something wrong with that code. Anybody can give an
explanation about this?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli