What is this DoItIn: method on my class ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:42:36 UTC 2005

> It is a remnant of the original Smalltalk-80 image. Of course it can be
> redone (I would prefer the second of the two options you outlined above).
> Would you be willing to DoIt? :-) It would be very welcome!

Ok, I've done that and it work perfectly with the main users as stated
in the method comment (Inspector, Debugger). Another cool thing about
not installing a new method is that it is about twice as fast ...

How do I proceed? Should I submit the change-set as a bug to mantis or
should I commit the change to the 3.9 monticello-repository? I think
this code change needs some reviews since it is a quite critical part,
however I don't think it breaks anything.

Maybe for the next Squeak version we should try to get rid of all the
#DoIt/#DoItIn: checks trough-out the whole image.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch