MonticelloConfigurations - configurations of configurations?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:46:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've finally succeeded into getting MCC to work - last couple of times
I didn't have the time to sort out all the requirements, etcetera.
What I used:

http://www.squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder
ToolBuilder-Kernel-ar.14
ToolBuilder-Specs-ar.1
ToolBuilder-Morphic-ar.17
http://source.impara.de/mc
Monticello-bf.271
MonticelloConfigurations-bf.34

Anyway, Kolibri currently has a bit of a complex environment. We have
two products using the core classes, and both products need a wx
version and a wx-less version. So:

ProductWxUi
  KolibriWxUi
  Product
   Kolibri

would build the wx version, and

Product
  Kolibri

the non-wx version. KolibriWxUi itself is dependent on Kolibri (and
Wx, and some smaller stuff) - this gives the dependency tree the
dreaded diamond shape. Kolibri should 'suck in' a whole slew of
packages. I won't care to paint the complete trees here, suffice it to
say that we certainly crossed the limits of what you want to manage
with MC prerequisites ;)

It'd be easiest if I could make a Kolibri configuration, and then
configurations that include the other ones. Would that be easy to do
in MCC? I figure yes, but I'm not quite sure about all the
consequences...

Regards,

Cees