3.6 -> 3.8 woes

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Wed Nov 23 22:14:25 UTC 2005

I'm trying to convert from 3.6 to 3.8, and am having a bit of a tough time.
I have lots of projects with many many embedded morphs that use Connectors.
This is the "original" Connectors (Connectors 1), and the SqueakMap package
for Connectors that loads under 3.8 is Connectors 2. Unfortunately, in
Connectors 2 some of the class names changed, so my projects won't load. It
should be feasible for me to write a conversion script, but this is a piece
of work, and I haven't had the time to be able to do this. So, I've tried
The Object Catalog now won't come up. More mysterious: In the bottom pane
of a System Browser, the scroll-bar refuses to work! The slider fills the
whole scroll-bar, and the arrow buttons don't work. It's possible I hosed
this up in some other way than loading Connectors 1; this certainly isn't a
problem on a virgin image. Is there some simple maneuver I can use to get
the scroll bar to work?

I loaded a whole slew of my own hand-made strike-fonts that I need to load
my projects -- I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Very
strange -- and frustrating ...