New Squeaker Introduction

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Nov 24 00:45:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:52:20 -0800, Jason B Burke
<jason.b.burke at Abbott.com> wrote:

> I'd be happy to give you my perspective on this. The first language I
> learned was
> Basic (it was a sad start, but the only free option on the Apple ][ =).

Compadre!

> I believe that the main issues is the documentation.

One of the main issues, no question. The other main issue, IMO, is that
Squeak, in particular, is a moving target. Code rots faster than it is
replaced. That's why with, for example, Stephane's bot book, he made his
own simple context for learning.