How to produce application package with code and media

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Sat Nov 26 17:39:40 UTC 2005

Cees De Groot a écrit :
> On 11/26/05, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> wrote:
>
>>I am interesting to see how you did it because when I inline as string a
>>graphic, it does not survive to Monticello.
>

> You need a robust format. XPM is robust, any graphics format base64
> encoded as well. That should survive whatever MC does to it.

I see. I guess XBM may work also because I don't see XPM as a supported
format.

Finally I get through inline the PNG graphic as ByteArray. In case it is
usefull to other I did as following:

1. In the class message, inline the PNG graphic as ByteArray by print-it:

  (FileStream fileNamed: 'free_point.png') binary contents asByteArray

2. Then surround the array as follow so the message returns a Form:

^(PNGReadWriter createAFormFrom: #(137 80 78 ........ 3 69 78 68 174 66
96 130) asByteArray) at: 1

It appears to survive to Monticello.

Hilaire

--