TryCatch

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Mon Nov 28 15:03:00 UTC 2005

Simon,

Le 25 nov. 05, à 11:12, Simon Kirk a écrit :

> I may be overstepping my bounds here as an almost complete Squeak
> newb, but given you mentioned "try/catch" then you're probably
> thinking "in Java" so you'll want to know about finally - which as far
> as I can tell is done by:
>
> [code]
>     on: Exception
>     do: [:ex | more code]
>     ensure: [do this no matter what]
>
> (ie the ensure: [] is the same as a finally).

There is no #on:do:ensure: method. One have to send 2 messages :
#ensure: and #on:do:

[[code] ensure: [do this no matter what]]
	on: Exception
	do: [:ex| more code]

Note : the "ensure block" is performed after the exception handling (do
block)

Noury
> Just my $0.02 - if I'm wrong somebody please correct me :)
>
> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Damien
>>
>> read the ExceptionTest classes they are gorgeous. Really This is the
>> best documentation on exception catching
>> I ever read... :)
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 24 nov. 05, at 20:49, Damien Cassou wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How can I try/catch for errors in Squeak ? I didn't find anything.
>>> I would like to do something like :
>>>
>>> [ aPieceOfCodeThatCanThrowsExceptions ]
>>>    catch: [:exception | Transcript show: exception]
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> self try: [ aPieceOfCodeThatCanThrowsExceptions ]
>>>       catch: [:exception | Transcript show: exception]
>>>

>>> thank you
>>>

>>> --
>>> Damien
>>>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl -
> www.blackspider.com

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org