How to produce application package with code and media

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 19:02:21 UTC 2005

> Monticello is a great tool to transport application code however it does
> not help to include media (graphics and sound) with the code in one
> single archive.
>
> What is your experience with that?
>
> Including the media inline in the code? or any other solution?

SAR is one option.  You could include the media files in the SAR.

Magma might be another option.  A Magma repostory is (simultaneously) a
Monticello repository.  In this way, users can load/merge code directly from
there before connecting and accessing the "content" contained in that
repository.

However, I say "might" because large media streams >10MB are not suitable for a
Magma repository; they are probably best left in their own files to remain
quickly accessible via file-sharing services..

 - Chris