[JOB] Smalltalker wanted

Joerg Beekmann joerg at deepcovelabs.com
Wed Nov 30 01:01:04 UTC 2005

Hello folks

DeepCoveLabs has an opening for a software developer. We write payment
processing software used primarily by our main customer, a financial
services provider with operations in Canada and Ireland. I once did a
blog entry for Cincom and here is what I had to say:

    DeepCoveLabs <http://www.deepcovelabs.com> is in the business of
    developing payment processing solutions. We currently offer products
    for cheque conversion, multi currency credit card processing,
    international electronic funds transfers into about 30 countries,
    cheque printing in many currencies and languages, a currency
    exchange module and a CRM system for managing a payment processing
    operation... all written in Smalltalk/./

  Our team consists of a handful of developers all with strong Smalltalk
skills. Current projects include:

    * building a multi-currency credit card processing gateway
    * mirroring our infrastructure across two sites with transparent
      fail over
    * adding real time reporting of incoming payments from accounts
      worldwide
    * extending the range of hardware our cheque scanning solution runs on
    * enhancing the currency trading platform we have just deployed
    * moving our file based reporting architecture to a web based one
    * reviewing our DB design and mapping mechanism

Candidates must have several years experience with dynamic languages,
ideally Smalltalk and have worked in an agile/test  driven environment.
Candidates with experience or skills in the following areas will have a
distinct advantage:

    * Payment processing and international banking
    * Credit card processing
    * Inter-bank communications and file transfer mechanisms
    * DBA level RDBMS skills, especially MS SQLServer
    * Network administrator level TCP/IP knowledge
    * UNIX and/or Windows system administration

The work is located in Vancouver Canada and candidates must have a
Canadian work permit. Interested candidates should send a resume and
cover letter, including salary expectations to joerg at deepcovelabs.com.

Joerg.

--
Joerg Beekmann