[ANN] new version of services available for preview

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Oct 3 18:11:48 UTC 2005

On 3-Oct-05, at 4:50 AM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> ok, I did a quick computation
.. ok and now let's consider the slowdown caused by cognitive
dissonance of a long-habitual and widely used facility being usurped.

"In this window over here, I get 'normal' d-click behaviour and in
this window over here I get... whoops, why is it doing nothing? Oh
it's opening a window. Wassat for? Oh yeah, one of those. Dang. All I
wanted was to select the word to copy. Bugger"

Not to mention the other inconsistencies you'd be introducing -
d-click next to a surrounding delimiter like {"'([ etc - would that
also show sender/implementors of the entire phrase? What does that mean?
drag select across a word/symbol; would that show the senders/
implementors? For either answer, why?

I appreciate the large effort you're putting into the whole services
thing but this smallish detail is a silly thing to get hung up on
when as I previously suggested there are much more valuable
improvements you could turn your talents to.

tim