OFF Topics :: PC-laptop or Powerbook

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 4 20:23:22 UTC 2005

On 4-Oct-05, at 1:10 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Simon Michael wrote:
>
>> tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, you heard it here first, tim is no longer living on a RISC
>>> OS machine.
>>>
>> Oh my god. Big changes afoot! :)
>>

> Maybe it is because he is living on Vancouver Island now.
> Less RISCy you know... ;-)

Certainly much less chance of getting shot at by some drug crazed
gang member. Much less chance of a traffic accident too - almost no
traffic! The air is breathable without running it through a food
processor, which is nice. Houses are affordable.

The increased risk comes from the wildlife. We have four bears living
on our mountain and one large, arrogant, cougar. One has to take some
care after dusk. Oh and occasionally Elk get on the road. You don't
want to run into an Elk.

tim