OFF Topics :: PC-laptop or Powerbook

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Tue Oct 4 20:30:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

On the winXP side, I don't think PIV's are "portable". Pentium-M and PIII
machines have loger battery life. And the performance is closer to that of
G4 powerbooks, because there are no G5 powerbooks.

I'm quite happy with my PIII IBM T23. 1Gb ram, 1.1GHz. Nice screen.
Lightweight. More than 4 hours of battery life. WinXP.

And I left OS/2 behind a year ago... WinXP uses a lot more memory, but it's
the first Win I used that is more stable than OS/2... And quite better for
real time music.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich