Squeak Plugin for Opera 8

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Oct 6 05:04:41 UTC 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Blake wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:19:38 -0700, Steffen Märcker <merkste at web.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Am Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:52:13 +0200 hat Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com>
>>> geschrieben:

>>> Ok ok,
>>> finding the plugin was not the real problem but I wonder how I make
>>> it  working with Opera!? ... help
>>>
>>> ciao, Steffen
>>

>> 1) Go to squeakland.org
>> 2) Download squeak installer (this may take a while, the site's
>> acting  hinky today)
>> 3) Run squeak installer
>> 4) If opera is running, shut it down and restart
>> 5) You now have a squeak plug-in for Opera, Firefox, IE and Netscape.
>

> Actually, this always was questionable to me.
> Here's what I'm saying. I already have and use squeak. Why do I need
> to download an image and a VM again? Can I just download a "plugin" to
> make it all work with what I have?

You can use your regular image, but you need the Squeakland plugin and
that is
only available with the Squeakland installer AFAIN.
And you need to change the image name to what the Squeakland image have
and move it to the right directory, I think.
The Squeakland image also have some updates that may have not made it
into regular Squeak
and vise versa.
Karl