Mailman vs ezmlm

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Oct 7 04:22:51 UTC 2005

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Whichever one it is that is running the packages list, I couldn't find
> where to tell it to register an address and not send anything to it. I
> happen to switch SMTP servers often.

Hi Daniel.. if I understand you, perhaps this will help:

I found out which it is by going to http://squeak.joyful.com/lists and
checking the link: ezmlm.

unsubscribe all but your primary mail address: send mail from each
secondary address to packages-unsubscribe at discuss.squeakfoundation.org

add your secondary addresses to the "allow" sublist: send mail from your
primary address to
packages-allow-subscribe-yourname=your.domain at discuss.squeakfoundation.org,
for each secondary address

This should allow you to post from any of your addresses without
receiving duplicates. I found this in the ezmlm manual.