I think it's time for a Harvesting Process tutorial session

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Oct 7 18:13:07 UTC 2005

I was helping someone today with IRCe and happened to try to use it in a
3.9-6693md4 image.  I got a debugger immediately and tracked the problem
down to a change from 'new' to 'basicNew' in OrderedCollection
class>>new:.  I then tried to find the history of this change and to
figure out the logic.  To make a long story short the old methods for
doing this don't work so well in the new 3.9a world and I'm having
trouble making sense of what I see under Monticello.  From the
annotation panes it appears that OrderedCollection class>>new: was last
modified in Collections-md.20.  However the only comment for this mcz
(we need a new term) is 'add isDictionary' however any way in which I
look at it shows me many many changes.

This is just an example, but overall I think its time that we had some
sort of tutorial session on how to work within the new system.

Ken