OFF Topics :: PC-laptop or Powerbook

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 7 19:56:24 UTC 2005

Yes, so I've 35 windows open across a dozen or more apps on my mac.
Grab machine, close
cover, move, open cover, instant on, just works.

But I've noticed Windows users typically shut everything down, power
off, reboot, (wait...)
Something they tell me about their distrust with the hardware vendor
or OS vendors ability to make the
machine sleep without death come visiting...

Can't speak for linux laptops, haven't seen much about what those
users do.

On 7-Oct-05, at 8:52 AM, David Shaffer wrote:

> I don't have suspend to disk or RAM working (this
> alone really makes the Mac attractive to me, BTW).

===