Demo: bug/wishlist voting system

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:07:42 UTC 2005

I've put a new version on-line which stuffs data into OmniBase.

Per the discussion on the Seaside list three years ago, OmniBase and
Seaside have a bit of trouble cooperating. I'm trying some ideas on
this project, so please bear with me if you get funny behavior like
data not updating, locking conflict walkbacks, and whatnot. Rest
assured that (most of) the data lands safely on disk ;-).

I'm thinking about adding more features, like categories, mantis bug#,
the possibility to discuss issues, open/closed status, etcetera.
However, this would probably quickly subsume Mantis' functionality
(certainly given the speed with which you can whip something up in
Seaside ;-)). Would that be a direction we'd be willing to take?

Personally, I think we should eat our dogfood wherever we can, but I
might be alone there...