Flash Support in Squeak

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Oct 7 21:46:04 UTC 2005

The first problem with better support is that you need to find proper
documentation for Flash >3. SWF used to be "open" but Macromedia
silently stopped releasing new specs and rather had developers sign up
for a Flash development kit. And when you do that, you sign away all
rights to ever again create another Flash importer/reader. They only
want you to write SWF, not to read it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas