Knowledge Documentation topic/relationship maps??

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon Oct 10 03:18:05 UTC 2005

Ken,

Wow, what a post this is.  I have to strongly disagree. Maybe I could agree
the augmentation as a goal is bad but direct research is not.  I read a
business article about the benefits of researching and plotting
relationships maps.  This is the whole study of degrees of separation that
has been taken up lately in business schools.  Well it turns out that by
mapping public publishing and associations, you can learn a great deal about
who is doing what, who knows who, and who can actually help you get
something done.  The relationship mapping that I've been doing has been very
beneficial.  I have a meeting coming up with a bunch of really powerful
people and now, given the listing of who will be there I actually know who I
should talk too.

I would like to say that I understood fully what point you were trying to
make but I guess I don't.  I suppose that you could take the same tact and
propose a life like "Walden" and its subsistence only living and a personal
responsibility that removes one from all public life.  You could say that
education is unnecessary because it only pollutes the mind, and grossly
invalidates what is important.  Education and analysis, learning and social
responsibility are not abominations but a gift, from God.

I strongly believe although (and of course I'm speaking from complete
ignorance of what point you were trying to make) that profit based companies
are a major problem.  I do believe though that value based companies,
companies that provide for a greater value and therefore receive greater
popularity (as an example real organic farmers), should be sought out and
patronized.  I believe that the wall-martification of business is bad
because it directly removes economic resources from a community.  We should
value; local economies, the environment, healthy populations, and the
dignity of every person including workers and yes businessmen that strive
for value over profit.

If you would like to discuss this more email me off the list, to spare
others.

Ron