saving a purpose-built image?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:04:32 UTC 2005

> This could be used to make an image of say, a Seaside application, that
> could be subsequently started but would not have morphic, the compiler,
> the UI, etc. if they weren't necessary.  This would be useful for
> security as well as memory-footprint and performance reasons.

My experience with seaside applications is you will want, Morphic
(over VNC), the compiler, Monticello, OSProcess and a whole bunch of
other stuff.

Examples:
- load new code
- save the image before loading new code
- execute update scripts
- check if the image still reacts (sad but true)
- process browser
- *what I didn't think of here*