AW: A real forum for Squeak

Christophe Tricot christophe.tricot at univ-savoie.fr
Mon Oct 10 15:10:19 UTC 2005

Other feature: With a forum Polls can be simply added to posts. By
example, a poll to submit a new idea to the community... :-)

In my mind, the most interesting features are:
     *  Unlimited forums can be organized into as many categories as you
like
     * Powerful search facility
     * Polls can be simply added to posts
     * Email notification of replies to your topics
     * Powerful topic subscription capability
     * Personal profile creation
     * Email-like private messaging system
     * Topic editing
     * Mass delete/move/lock/unlock of posts
     * Topic splitting
     * Option of auto-pruning of old or unanswered messages on a
per-forum basis
     * Easy database backup and restore
     * Complete member management

I would like to have these features to support squeak and facilitate all
participations: from newbies to expert, from person with a mail reader
to person with webmail.

If you are agree with me, I'm ready to manage a forum. But this
initiative are only possible with the support of the community...

Christophe