Henryk bluelook image

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Wed Oct 12 04:07:52 UTC 2005

"Chris Schreiner" <chris.schreiner at online.no> wrote::

> are you referring to the Univers 10,11,12 font in the aspectblt.image?
> Are they treated in a special way on this image? I do think they look
good.

Yes, they are treated in a special way. To see it, you can open a
Magnifier morph. When you choose a large magnification factor, you
see colored glyph borders. This result is obtained by  a subpixel
rendering algorithm. For additional information, you may wish
to have a look at these pages:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1225

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2000-11/msg00058.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2001-February/004789.
html

I think in Henirks bluelook image the code is in change sets
AAFonts new  and  BitmodeForSPR-hg
Greetings, Boris