Need to do something

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Oct 13 04:01:12 UTC 2005

One more point is I don't believe code "ownership" will ultimately satisfy
because it requires unreasonable expectations from someone (the owner) and
creates a bottleneck.  How can you rely on that?

Say something needs to be done to an "owned" package but the owner is on
vacation.  Someone else is willing to do it or has done it already.  Oops, but
its not the right person.  Energy wasted.  The community must capture the
energy given to it, not try to draw it from specific places (people).

Sorry, I'm done now, thanks for reading.