updates vs. images -- limiting squeak to code

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:54:38 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Michal <michal-list at auf.net> wrote:
> So de facto, if you kill smooth upgrades (which is what we are talking
> about), you come close to killing the use of squeak for non-code
> objects.

Yup. But in the spirit of scratch-your-own-itch, if you want smooth
transfer of non-code between images, please write some code when that
happens so you're not impacted too much (something that helps organize
objects between projects would probably go a long way)...

One of the issues that is really hurting us at the moment is that
we're trying to be everything for everyone, maybe that should stop. It
will hurt a bit at the beginning, but at the end of the day should
allow for a more decentralized model as people collect what they want,
compose their work environments from it, etcetera.