problem with squeak

Sylvain Pralon sylvain.pralon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:47:00 UTC 2005

Hernan Tylim wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> What Squeak VM are you using ?

    i don't know where in i can find , this information, it's a
standard version, i haven't changed anything..

    www.squeak.org

> I am also on XP Sp2 and I don´t have your problem.
>
> Maybe you can do the following. Evaluate the next statement on a
> workspace:
>
> MessageTally spyOn: [ 'this is a string' inspect ]

    i did that and the inspect window appeared quickly and another spy
window opened too. but without the "MessageTally ... spyOn" message,
it's always very long. i'll see with stéphane these results and i'll try
to find the problem. if you want these results too, ask me, i'll send
you a file. Apparently, it seems to make a lot of graphic stuff, is it
normal ?
I don't know if it can help but i have a large screen with strange
resolution (1680*1050, 1280*768,... ) but games run very well...

> This will profile the execution of the block and might give you a clue
> of what is taking so much time.

thanks you