updates vs. images -- limiting squeak to code

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:29:51 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
> personally I'm in favor of keeping the update stream and the smooth
> transitions it allows.

Ok. How many hours per week are you pledging?

Because I hear a lot of 'should this', 'should that', but the actual
work is done by others... Personally, I think it would be great if we
could make this transition, and therefore their work, easier. If that
turns out to be problematic for some unknown group (both
quantitatively and qualitatively), we can always fix it. I like the
suggestion of someone else maintaining some update stream in parallel
and loosely coupled with the core bleeding edge development.

But I don't think that 'marketing', or catering for an unknown group,
should stand in the way of a solid development foundation. As long as
we don't get that working, no group will benefit from the time these
volunteers are spending on it.