Request for the ToolBuilder team

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 17 22:16:18 UTC 2005

On 17.10.2005, at 18:30, Cees De Groot wrote:

> The rest is on http://www.tric.nl/~cg/mc/39a and I will try to get it
> into source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox right away.
>
> Usual disclaimers apply - i've been applying changesets and checking
> for conflicts for roughly 4 hours to get this in, so please bear with
> me if there are some oversights... This probably wants quite a bit of
> testing (but hey, that's why there's this 'a' attached to the '3.9',
> not?)

Another problem... I am personally a bit out-of-synch with harvesting
(just re-located myself onto the other hemisphere for two month... and
it's really spring here! But no, people don't walk upside-down...)
but I need to caution a bit: It may take a while to integrate that.

So the problem is that we have Daniel and Adrian who are working on
integrating traits, and if we now change all the kernel methods, they
would
need to start over again to some extend.
Of course, adding traits changes first means that work need to be put
into
the plustools patches...

I have not yet looked at either of those and I have not analyzed the
clashes,
but I there could be some.

So I will need to see how to coordinate that.

The big problem of harvesting is that it is not as simple as it may
seem... even
integrating trivialities is hard if there are dependencies.

      Marcus