Set asArray method

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Mon Oct 17 23:01:54 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

I use IBM's VAST (VisualAge for Smalltalk) and have been thinking of
getting into Squeak.  I have been reading this news group to get an idea as
to what Squeak is all about.  So, take my comments as those of an outsider.

I agree with the posts of Tim and Cees on this topic.

I would like to point out that in VAST, Set is a subclass of Collection.
But, Dictionary (and LookupTable which is like a Dictionary but without the
Associations) is a subclass of KeyedCollection which is a subclass of
Collection and not Set.

Since Dictionary is not a subclass of Set the asArray problem doesn't show
up, but there may well be other problems.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon