pending mac vm 3.8.9b5

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Oct 19 17:36:47 UTC 2005

Am 19.10.2005 um 18:54 schrieb John M McIntosh:

> Morning,
> On 19-Oct-05, at 4:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>

>> Hi John.
>>
>> I still found a few problems:
>>
>> * The launching of another copy of the VM does not work anymore
>> with b5 for me.
>>

> Works for me, do you have multiple VMs running or something? Is
> this a squeak image file? What happens?
> I'll note an image must either end with
> .ima
> .image
> .IMA
> .IMAGE
> or be of file type STim
>
> if you copy say foobar.image from a unix or windows machine you may
> loose the file type info.
> what can be reset of course via the cmd line.

It's actually named *.image and is opened with the file view inside
the first image. I just noticed it works for some images now, but not
all. I guess this relates to some images still marked as to be opened
by default with an older VM (although that VM is *not* started but
3.8.9b5), or even have a blue icon from Ian's VM. According to "mdls"
one that does not work (that is opened as text in the first image)
has a kMDItemFSCreatorCode=0, but its name still ends in .image.

>> * the image in the resources folder must end in .image - renaming
>> it to another extension brings up the image selection dialog
>>

> Unable to recreate this, I put a file Squeakxy.bar in my resource
> folder and changed the plist to say Squeakxy.bar and it works.

Arghhh - when I renamed the image in Finder it still appended
a .image extension but did not show it. Grrr.

>> * setting SqueakImageName="../runtime.image" does not find the
>> image in the "Contents" folder of the app bundle
>>

> Nope that won't work, besides putting image in Contents folder is
> illegal usage, resources must go in resources folder.

Okay. But giving "test/runtime.image" and having a subfolder in the
resources folder does not work either ;-)

- Bert -