KomHttp v. Swazoo server

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Oct 21 10:18:19 UTC 2005

Dear Squeakers,

As a maintainer and one of authors of Swazoo (FYI: it was born 5 years
ago at first Camp Smalltalk in San Diego) I'd like to invite you to join
to a main idea behind Swazoo: to join forces and make the best Smalltalk
web server, for all dialects! And currently it is already activelly
supported on Dolphin, Gemstone and VisualWorks.

My proposition is therefore to merge KomHttp with Swazoo! Let we merge
together best ideas from both! And let all dialects profit from that.

Sean Malloy is just harmonizing Dolphin with VW port and Bruce Badger is
actively contributing on Gemstone port (as part of his
http://www.openskills.org project, which is running on Swazoo, behind
Apache and Squid). I'm using it on my intranet business web apps,
(Swazoo+Aida/Web). Swazoo is therefore a stable and mature web server.

So, what do you think about such a proposal?

Janko Mivsek