KomHttp v. Swazoo server

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Oct 21 10:39:05 UTC 2005

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Janko_Miv=B9ek?= <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
> Dear Squeakers,
>
> As a maintainer and one of authors of Swazoo (FYI: it was born 5 years
> ago at first Camp Smalltalk in San Diego) I'd like to invite you to join
> to a main idea behind Swazoo: to join forces and make the best Smalltalk
> web server, for all dialects! And currently it is already activelly
> supported on Dolphin, Gemstone and VisualWorks.
>
> My proposition is therefore to merge KomHttp with Swazoo! Let we merge
> together best ideas from both! And let all dialects profit from that.
>
> Sean Malloy is just harmonizing Dolphin with VW port and Bruce Badger is
> actively contributing on Gemstone port (as part of his
> http://www.openskills.org project, which is running on Swazoo, behind
> Apache and Squid). I'm using it on my intranet business web apps,
> (Swazoo+Aida/Web). Swazoo is therefore a stable and mature web server.
>
> So, what do you think about such a proposal?
>
> Janko Mivsek

I am open for looking into this, but I can't say anything substantial
before I get some time to look at the Swazoo code. And I am a bit bogged
down to say the least.

If anyone else feels like taking a look and comparing the code bases etc
then I am all ears for a report on "how it looks". :)

regards, Göran

PS. I am the effective maintainer of KomHttpServer today.