pending mac vm 3.8.9b5

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 21 22:46:17 UTC 2005

Ok, well you know you can set the interrupt key to something else.

In EventSensor >> process event you have
     "Check if the event is a user interrupt"
     (type = EventTypeKeyboard and:[(evt at: 4) = 0 and:[
         ((evt at: 3) bitOr: ((evt at: 5) bitShift: 8)) =
interruptKey]])
              ifTrue:["interrupt key is meta - not reported as event"
                     ^interruptSemaphore signal].

Keyboard events
====================
Keyboard events are generated when keyboard input is detected.
[1]    - event type 2
[2]    - time stamp
[3]    - character code
[4]    - press state; integer with the following meaning
         0    -    character
         1    -    key press (down)
         2    -     key release (up)
[5]    - modifier keys; bitfield with the following entries:
         1    -    shift key
         2    -    ctrl key
         4    -    (Mac specific) option key
         8    -    Cmd/Alt key

which means if you fiddle with the interruptKey value you can set it
to something else.

Sensor setInterruptKey: ($. asciiValue bitOr: 16r0800)

that sets it to cmd '.'  on english keyboard, but I wonder if the
code is really ($. asciiValue bitOr: 16r0900) because you are hitting
shift cmd '.'

Seems to me this should a preference in the image that one can override.

On 20-Oct-05, at 11:59 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> John M McIntosh a écrit :
>
>> So is this a new problem, or has it always been there? If you
>> cross  check with a 3.6.1  mac carbon VM does it have the same
>> problems?
>>

> I have the same problem with a 3.6.1beta5 VM. So it's not a new
> problem.
>
> I also try with a german and a spanish keyboard, it works. In fact,
> with a french keyboard (and also with the belgian and italian
> keyboard), the . is not available directly, you have to use the
> shift key. Look at the Keyboard Viewer tool to look at the position
> of the . key with a french keyboard.
>

> --                                                         oooo
> Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
> Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
> http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
> Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
>                                                             ##

===