[ANN] Need testers for 3.9a

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sun Oct 23 12:35:26 UTC 2005

Hi

I also retried and (again) succeeded without conflicts and with
normal image size:

- Took approximately 30 minutes, VM: mac 3.7.4beta1
- Directly after loading the updates and without saving the image
(thus without GC) vmStatisticsReportString said:
uptime            0h31m25s
memory            51,736,520 bytes
     old            46,269,076 bytes (89.4%)
     young        696,048 bytes (1.3%)
     used        46,965,124 bytes (90.8%)
     free        4,771,396 bytes (9.2%)
GCs                35,525 (53ms between GCs)
     full            50 totalling 31,110ms (2.0% uptime), avg 622.0ms
     incr        35475 totalling 295,400ms (16.0% uptime), avg 8.0ms
     tenures        679 (avg 52 GCs/tenure)

- saved, .image filesize: 18.5MB
- evaluated MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches and saved image
again. filesize: 14.2MB

It looks like the MC cache flushing is not yet done after loading the
two scripts. Apart from that and from the issue that a couple of
working copies are dirty, everything seems to have worked fine.

Adrian